Friday, April 11, 2008

A Chirping Chick and an Ice Cream Truck

My alarm clock finally bit the dust. From previous experience I have found that if you purchase an alarm clock from a vendor on the street it usually sounds like a time bomb ticking . So, I opted for an alarm clock from a nicer store where I usually shop. Usually, in the clock area, there is someone to help you select a clock and they also put batteries in it to let you hear how it sounds. Well, this time, there was no one around and I was in a bit of a hurry. So, I just selected one on my own and took my chances. After I returned home, I got out some batteries to get my clock going. As soon as I turned on the alarm, I realized that this was no ordinary clock. Most clocks awake you to the sound of a number of consecutive beeps that grow louder as it continues to go off. Well, my new clock begins with a sound like that of a chick chirping. It then proceeds to begin playing a song that sounds like it would come from an ice cream truck. To finish it off, when you turn the alarm off, a sweet little voice comes on and says, "Good Morning." I laughed my head off and had to let Matilda and Katie in on the fun. We all laughed together as we continue to be reminded that everyday is an adventure here in EA.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think this new clock sounds perfectly lovely! I wish they had such clocks here in the states.

Anna