Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mammaw Sleeping

For those of you from the south, you recognize the term, "Mammaw." For others of you, it's what we might call the mother of our father or mother. While in SE Asia a few months ago, Matilda and I were taking a Tuk Tuk to see the city. Part of the ride included the driver stopping at some "tourist traps" (oops), I mean "tourist attractions" for 10 minutes to look. If we stayed for 10 minutes and looked, he received a free gas coupon. We obliged him so he might get some free gas. We went into this nice jewelry store. Immediately, as soon as we walked in, I noticed this little Asian Mammaw sleeping away in a chair. While I thought it was amusing, I continued on into the store to look around. Of course, Matilda and I walked into the store saying, "This is crazy, I'm not buying anything here." Yet, we left with both of us purchasing a new ring. Couldn't stand it! While waiting for my ring to be sized, the store staff seated us in the front of the store with a beverage to enjoy while waiting. Sleeping Mammaw was so close that I had to snap this picture. No one was even paying any attention to her and she was just sleeping away. With my warped sense of humor, I had to post this and let you see what I found so incredibly funny. The world was just going on and she was enjoying her snooze. Whenever I'm feeling a little blue, I can always look at this picture and get a chuckle. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

2 comments:

David said...

Well, I for one liked the picture. I probably would have had to click the ole camera if I had been there.

Blessings from Costa Rica

Unknown said...

Is that you in the chair at your new salon? Who took the picture, Matilda?