Friday, April 20, 2007

Attacked By Pigeons

Going to another country does not exempt me from having dumb things happen. While in Southeast Asia, Matilda and I were going to a museum. As we were lost, we began looking for a place with directions. We found this little map on the side of a building and were looking to find the way to the museum. A lady approached with a TON of pigeons around her. She proceeded to walk over to us and the pigeons followed. She crammed three bags of pigeon seed (I'm assuming) into my hand and three into Matilda's. She said to throw the seed out for the birds. Well, Matilda was the smart one and threw all of her bags down and ran like crazy. I, on the other hand, was a little slower in understanding that the pigeons would attack. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by pigeons. They were under my feet, flying around me and one even landed on my hand. The pigeon proceeded to scratch me as I tried to fling it off (imagine that). I was trying to throw the seed out, but just dropped the rest that I had and ran away from them. Then, the woman follows us and tells us that we owe her for the pigeon seed. We refused the charge due to the circumstances and the fact that she never told us of her intention. Later, as we drove by in a taxi, another clueless foreigner was having the same argument. The moral of the story is: "Don't take pigeon seed from strangers."

No comments: