Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Watermelon, Cantaloupe

From my youth up, I was involved with choirs and singing in ch*rch. During those times, I heard that if you forget the words or lose your place, just sing "Watermelon, Cantaloupe" and no one can tell you aren't singing the right words. Last night, I attended a local ch*rch's Wednesday evening singing service, which lasted two hours. They did provide song books, but it was all in my host country's language. Needless to say, I did not know all of the characters. I did okay until they started singing more up-tempo songs. So, I found myself wanting to sing the "Watermelon, Cantaloupe" addition just so I could keep up with them. It was a blessing just to see these faithful and committed brothers and sisters singing praizes to the King of Kings.
After the singing time, some of them were headed over to a pryer meeting that would last from 10 pm until 5:30 am. May Father continue to bless the ch*rch here and may many more be added to their number for His glry.

3 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

WOW! From 10 pm until 5:30 am.....That is great!

Patty Sumner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Culbertsons said...

Wow, I wish the ch*rch in America would have a hunger for the L like followers do there!

-Dianna