Saturday, September 22, 2007

Barnum and Bailey Has Come to Town

Due to our lack of understanding the names of places here, it is just easier to name a restaurant something that catches our eye or something that happens while eating there. My friends and I have affectionately named this one particular restaurant "The Chick Restaurant.” We named it this because we were eating lunch one day in there when a small group of baby chicks waddled in and one of the waitresses had to shoo them out. I went with my friend Millie one evening to "The Chick Restaurant” for dinner. Millie and I sat a little close to the kitchen where there is a large fish tank with big fish swimming around. Talk about FRESH FISH!!!!! I was watching as one of the waitresses stuck her hand down inside the tank and began rooting around for a fish. We both began watching the girl go fishing. She pulled out a large fish and just let it fall over the side and drop down on the floor. I got so tickled that I couldn’t quit laughing. She proceeded to drop another one on the ground. I thought she was just not able to keep a hold on them, but later I realized that she was allowing them to drop to their death so that the kitchen workers could prepare them for someone’s meal. During this time, I looked over and saw a dog wander into the restaurant. He was taking in the sight of the fish falling to their death and he began sniffing out the situation. I couldn’t help but laugh harder as I thought of it being kind of like a three ring circus here. No one even batted an eye as the fish were flying and the dog was sniffing. It’s just a day in the life here...

1 comment:

RosieBoo said...

That dog maybe should have run for his life too! :)